Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society Logo

 

Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society

Lake Charles City Court

City Court Judge John Hood, Judicial Administrator Tim Leger, and City Marshal Joey Alcede accepted a commendation for the newly constructed Lake Charles City Court building.

Judge Hood reported that the design of this impressive new structure was patterned after the circa 1902 Courthouse that was lost in the 1910 fire. The new building was built on the former site of the downtown Sears Auto Center at 118 West Mill Street.