Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society Logo

 

Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society

The Landmark

The Calcasieu Parish Historical Preservation Society's prestigious Landmark Award is a decorative wooden plaque that is usually attached to the front of a structure. 
 
This award is given in recognition of homeowners who have restored a historic structure as near as possible to its original look.
 
Among the architectural styles often seen in this area are Queen Anne revival, Eastlake, Colonial revival, bungalow and 20th Century eclectic.

District Maps & Guidelines

2009 Landmark Recipients

For the renovation of the Cash and Carry at the corner of Enterprise Blvd and Broad, Lake Charles,  Donna and Rick Richard.

The Landry Gym and Bridge, Lake Charles

"Lakeview" at 1501 Shell Beach Drive, Lake Charles, Shively and Gene Lampson.

Not pictured, The Samuel J. Welsh House at 1404 Horridge Street in Vinton, Linda and Billy White